My Dad and I enjoying a beer before Game 1 of the 2007 World Series. (SawxBlog Photo)
Father's Day is right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with you Dad while watching some of the most historic Red Sox games in franchise history. SawxBlog is teaming up with A&E Home Entertainment & MLB Productions for a promotion of their newest DVD Set, "The Boston Red Sox: Essential Games of Fenway Park DVD SET". This set is a must have for the die-hard fan, and has some of the most classic and memorable games ever played in Fenway Park, and it can be yours free.
- September 30, 1967 - The Impossible Dream clinching game where Yaz also wraps up the triple crown.
- 1975 World Series Game 6 - Simply put, this is the greatest game of baseball ever played, with the most famous home-run ever caught on film.
- Roger Clemens 20 Ks - Before the steroids and lying there was a skinny kid from Texas who threw the game of a lifetime, and started to pull some attention away from the Larry Bird led Celtics.
- 1999 All-Star Game - Ted Williams last hurrah, Pedro in his prime, and Fenway at its best.
- 1999 ALCS Game 3 - The best performance in Pedro's entire career. Need I say more?
- April 22, 2007 v. New York Yankees - This is the only Game I question a little bit, but anytime you hit four home-runs against the Yankees in a row, that's something to save for posterity's sake.
SawxBlog has four copies of this great Set to give away, and the first four fans to send a picture of them and their Dad either at a ballgame, or wearing some Red Sox gear will be shipped the set. Complete instructions are below:
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following.
- First and Last Name
- Picture of you and your Father (.jpg .gif .png)
- Address where you'd like the Set to be shipped
- Any background story you may have to accompany the Photo.
Winning entries will be used in a future SawxBlog post around Father's Day. Good luck, and Go Sox!