Japanese sumo wrestler? Or Lights Out closer? You be the judge! (AP Photo)
10 Thoughts that are on my mind this morning:
- My Dad pointed out to me how awesome / professional it was of Coco to come in and make that catch in Game 7. After being benched for two strait days in two HUGE games over a rookie, Coco did what he did all year, and that's make a run saving spectacular play in the outfield. If he doesn't get a gold glove this year it's a shame.
- If you're a betting man odds coming out of vegas are putting the Red Sox at 2-1 odds to win the World Series.
- Before the playoffs started I decided to be a team player and grow a playoff beard and lets just say I've had better ideas. I look like a fuzzy terrorist due to the fact that my facial hair growing abilities begin and end with my sideburns and chin. Also my girlfriend is not the happiest with this decision to grow it either! I'm sure pics are to come.
- Contrary to popular belief, J.D. Drew still has a posse.
- The New England Patriots are so good this year it's almost boring to watch their games. Well, almost.
- I honestly can't believe that we have to go through the Colorado Rockies to win the World Series, I mean it's just bizarre.
- Also, remember when the Red Sox almost traded for Todd Helton before the season even started in the Spring? Yeah seems like a long time ago to me too. And there I was feeling bad for Helton because he was going to be "stuck" on a bad team. Baseball sure is a strange game.
- I'm curious how champagne tastes for Ryan Garko when it's loaded with tears?
- Kevin Millar makes me happy, this guy is destined for the NESN booth when he decides to hang it up.
- The Boston Red Sox are in the World Series!!!!!!!!! Wow, sorry for all the exclamation points there...got a little excited :-)